Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

Yesterday my Dream Castle Cards arrived. What are these things you call Dream Castle Cards you ask? The wonderful idea of Dream Castle Cards came about while brainstorming with Juju. I was trying to figure out how everyone could share in the dream. She was saying that it was too bad we couldn't make a sort of art project for people who gift towards it, like people drawing their dream castles and having some way to display them later. From there blossomed the idea of Dream Castle Cards.

Dream Castle Cards are essentially post cards with "draw your dream castle" on them. People who gift money to the castle fund can draw (or paint, or collage, or print and glue, be creative) their dream castle on a card and return it to me, inperson or by post, and I am going to put them all in a memory box or album (this may need to be plural).

When people come to stay at the castle hotel they can sit in the library, order a drink and look for their Castle Card or admire others wonderful works.

They arrived yesterday, it was with great anticipation that I opened the box. There was just one teensy problem. They upgraded me to glossy! Imagine being disapointed that you got a bonus upgrade. I can laugh at my initial thoughts now. I am sure they will be fine.

Each gift helps us get one step closer to our dream. We would love to have your dream Castle Card displayed in our memory book. Look for Dream Castle Cards soon on www.jenniferscastle.com

No comments: