Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Speak roughly to your little boy.

Today my horoscope read: Try not to be too critical of someone who let you down recently. Be compassionate.

Yes, compassion. That wonderful humane quality of understanding the suffering of others and better yet, wanting to do something about it. Isn't that exactly why I have felt let down recently?

The skies have been so grey, with only brief moments of cheery sunlight. The snow if falling now and I suppose it has brought about one of the pity party days we all seem to suffer from at times.

Everyone has their own life, their own concerns, their own goals. But it never ceases to amaze me at how quickly people are on my door as soon as they need something, need support, need help, need a shoulder to cry on, need something from my closet, need things for their wedding, need advice, etc. I rarely ask for help, even at the inconvience of myself. This is my issue, one I am working on. But many these same people seem to laugh and disappear like faeries into the wood when I have stepped forward and asked for support in this dream of mine.

When out last night I ran into Johnny Uruguay, (we wish you all the best as you embark on your travels by the way). His advice was "Don't rely on anyone you think you can rely on. They won,t be there for you."

I only need 5 million people to each give me one dollar for this to work. Laugh if you want. Stranger things have happened. It's not that these friends won't give me a dollar. It is that I would just love for them to show support no matter what my dream is, no matter what my endeavour, without arguing on principle this or that. Just believe. Share in the dream. Live the dream.

I think I have finished my rant. Now to start to feel the compassion for their suffering and to get into the mindset that given a cape and a nice tiara, I could save the world.

No comments: